Ways On How You Can Create More Time For Yourself Everyday
Like most people, time management is probably one of the biggest problems you have. Even if you plot out your daily schedule, it seems that 24 hours is never enough to finish all of your tasks. Nevertheless, lack of time is not the issue here, it’s how you misuse your time. And no matter who you are, you could probably benefit from adding some “me time” to your life.
So, how do some people manage to do it? How do they achieve so many things in one day? Well, you can’t literally create time. But there are simple ways on how you can feel like you have a bit more free time in your life. These can help you use your time more efficiently towards achieving your goals and become more productive. Keep on reading to find out more.
Stop And Breathe Deeply
The first thing you need to do is to take a deep breath and calm yourself. Pausing for a while and taking deep breaths will feel like time is expanding a little bit. Simply concentrate on your breathing for about a minute or so. Not only will it give your mind and body more oxygen, but it’ll help you approach each task more calmly.
It’s Time To Get Real
Acknowledging the problem is one of the first steps to overcome it. And that’s also applicable with time. You may hear people telling you that they’re too busy to handle a project. But the next thing you know, they’re binge-watching their favorite series online or going on a heated debate on social media.
So before you can create or find more time, you must be true to yourself on where you spend your time. A good way to do this is to keep a time log. Doing so can help you find activities to get rid of immediately to make room for more time.
Plan Your Entire Day
You can prevent wasting time by planning your entire day and figuring out the things you need to accomplish. Nonetheless, there’s more to it than just listing your tasks.
When you’re planning, keep the following things in mind:
- Create a to-do list and make sure that it’s clear.
- Start writing with the end result in mind for every task. It’s a way of setting a goal, which helps motivate you to complete it by the end of the day.
- Block time. This will aid you to focus on what you’re currently doing. Additionally, it’ll create a boundary, which, in turn, ensures you don’t spend all your time on a particular activity.
- Overestimate, don’t underestimate. Things don’t usually go the way we plan it. And often, you run out of time doing everything on your list. So adjusting your schedule and list or adding extra time for every to-do can avoid overstuffing your time.
- Avoid multitasking. You’ll lose time when you go back and forth between tasks, as well as adjusting your focus from one task to the next.
- Don’t forget to add a little element of fun. Aside from taking breaks, having fun is also essential. You’ll burn yourself out if your entire schedule is all work and no play.
The Importance Of Organization
Bringing organization into your life is another vital thing you need to do. It’s a great way of improving your skills at time management. How many times have you seen yourself wasting time looking for documents, supplies, or keys on your desktop?
Staying clutter-free is simple, and it doesn’t have to overwhelm you. Here’s how you can do it:
- Every morning, take 15 minutes of your time to organize your workspace.
- Browse through your to-do list and organize everything you need to perform and accomplish them.
Be Smart And Strategic When Cleaning Your Home
You’ll have plenty of time left on your hands and prevent massive clutter from happening by cleaning wisely.
- Clean one area of your house or take care of one thing each day. You may clean your bathroom today and then vacuum the living room the next day. As they say, little things go a long way.
- Before going to bed, load your washer, and start a load of clothes while having your coffee and breakfast in the morning. You can wait for it to dry while doing other chores. Doing one load is more manageable in comparison to three or more.
- Clean as you go, and avoid dumping your dishes in the sink. Load them on the dishwasher or wash them before going to work instead of after work.
- Upon waking up, make it a habit to arrange your bed.
- Do some tidying up at night so that your home is neat and fresh when you wake up.
- Set your robotic vacuum cleaner to work before bedtime or going to work. The smart gadget can make your home life so much easier. It’ll save you both energy and valuable time. If you still haven’t invested in one of the best robot vacuums of 2020, check out this link https://cleanup.expert/robot-vacuums/ to learn more.
Cut Down On Activities That Waste Time
You can reclaim more time each day by cutting down or avoiding unnecessary things that waste your time. These include:
- Watching TV, Netflix, YouTube, etc.
- Surfing the internet.
- Talking on the phone.
- Browsing social media sites and apps.
These things can help you relax. But if you don’t use them in moderation, then they can turn into day wasters. They’re also very addicting. And before you know it, you’ve lost hours of your day, which you could’ve used on more productive activities. So try to limit the time you spent with these things. An hour in the morning while having coffee or before going to sleep is ideal.
Automate Your Life
Automation is another excellent way to take back some of your time. Ask your suppliers if it’s possible to set up payments through direct debit. This means that you don’t have to pay your bills on the bank or post office with long lines that consume a lot of time. It will also eliminate the need to write and post cheques. You simply have to allocate around 5 to 10 minutes every month to check if the correct amounts are going out.
Your home is not the only one that needs decluttering. You can save so much precious time when you declutter your life as well. Take a good look at where you’re spending the majority of your time daily. Determining which activities waste your time and what things you can eliminate from your life can help make room for more productive time and me-time. Additionally, you can focus more on achieving your goals by creating a to-do list.