The very coming of the digital currency was itself so overwhelming and it continues to be the same even today for many people. Yes, it has been more than a decade now since Bitcoin’s Cultural showed up as a cryptocurrency. After BTC, many other digital currencies surfaced, and their number has reached thousands now. However, there are people on both sides; the ones who fanatically invest in crypto and the ones who are still awestruck by its existence. It does not matter which side you belong to; the role of centralized cryptocurrency exchanges is inexplicably crucial in this entire journey.
Here are a few things you must know about centralized cryptocurrency exchanges as a person who takes interest in finance, crypto, economics, and so on.
What Are Centralized Cryptocurrency Exchanges?
Shortened as CEX, all centralized cryptocurrency exchanges are referred to as those third parties that help in the execution of crypto transactions at every level. These exchanges are like platforms where people come to buy, sell, or convert digital currencies like Bitcoin, Ethereum, and thousands of similar cryptocurrencies. Their purpose is to encourage and execute all crypto transactions through a neutral, reliable, and unbiased middleman.
Cryptocurrencies of all individuals stay back in digital wallets that require digital keys. Forgetting about this key can lead to immeasurable losses, and this is where CEXs come as rescue models. They may charge some fee, but they provide security features in return for that fee which makes the expense worth it for crypto holders. So, CEXs or centralized cryptocurrency exchanges are responsible for the execution of crypto transactions safely across the globe.
Benefits of Crypto exchanges you were not aware of
A crypto investor will always thank the existence of centralized cryptocurrency exchanges for the following perks.
- Safety Enhancers- Everybody dreads about online scams, internet frauds, digital hacking, and other similar losses. So, when it comes to crypto, the fears are bound to get multiplied because it is all about digital currencies prone to online threats. However, centralized cryptocurrency exchanges lay protocols and introduce safety features to keep such risks out of the crypto purview.
- Service Providers- It is highly crucial to offer uninterrupted, timely, and sincere services for any type of activity. Cryptocurrency being a newer market embedded with technical jargon is sure to raise several doubts in the audience. People need remedies and clarifications as soon as possible related to the crypto mechanism.Centralized cryptocurrency exchanges offer informative explanations punctually.
- Reliable Custodians- Cryptocurrencies are stored in digital wallets, and there has to be a genuine third party to take care of all such wallets. These third parties are available in form of centralized cryptocurrency exchanges that offer custodian services to all wallet owners and cryptocurrency holders. So, providing vaults is another crucial role of CEXs.
Sometimes one may doubt the efficacy of centralized cryptocurrency exchanges due to the following given reasons.
- Less Options- All centralized cryptocurrency exchanges want to top the reputation charts. Resultantly, they allow trading of the popular cryptocurrencies only. So, investors might not be able to trade the lesser-explored or new cryptocurrencies leaving them with restricted options only. However, you can still get your trade done from various other trading platforms available worldwide which work on government rules and regulations only.
- Confined Regulations- Another off-putting point of centralized cryptocurrency exchanges would be that they have to work in a restricted environment. They have to formulate their services as per the regulations proposed by the concerned governments of each place.
However, the key takeaway is that even if options get limited and regulations get strict, centralized cryptocurrency exchanges or CEXs keep doing their best to protect the interest of the crypto fans. They give their best shot constantly to prevent crypto and online scams.
Crypto enthusiasts are following crypto trader keenly to learn about market behavior.
The role of CEX or Centralized cryptocurrency exchanges cannot be put to the backseat despite the above-mentioned downsides; their plus points will always outweigh the minus ones. Despite the absence of flexible governmental regulations, it was the framework of these centralized crypto exchanges that kept everything in line in each crypto transaction. They regularly bring out better ways to make the trading of cryptocurrencies a wholesome experience.