ADHD stands for Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder patients diagnosed with this behavioral disorder pays less attention to details, forget things easily, facing severe trouble in organizing things or the person himself , restlessness and hyperactivity (abandoned, don’t sit still for long)when don’t get things first.
There are no clear symptoms or a specific blood test or any kind of lab test that can diagnose ADHD. Above mentioned signs could possibly be the result of ADHD but not necessarily.
ADHD begins in childhood but in many cases could not diagnose until the mature age. But if symptoms persist it can be diagnosed in adult age. A child victim of this disorder could be agitated and resistant to follow the rules both at school or at home and show slow developmental behavior even he/she is an intelligent child. While in adults it makes its appearance resulting in less attention span, little focus on work and impulsivity.
If you or anyone you know has ADHD health2delivery has a wide range of medications that can help overcome the symptoms of ADHD.
Why ADHD Is Misunderstood and Hard To Diagnose?
There are several reasons that it is hard to diagnose ADHD let us discuss some in detail
- Inattention, a major symptom of this disease is not always a result of ADHD a patient might show interest in the tasks which appeals him, and we all forget many things in our daily lives when we are tired or for some other reason. So, the experts say forgetfulness or restlessness can also be due to some other psychological or behavioral disorders or simply a result of some trauma.
- Another common reason that makes ADHD hard to diagnose is it has symptoms that are similar to many other diseases. Among these diseases,some are as follows
- Mood disorders
- Addiction disorders
- Personality disorder
- Dissociative disorder
- Oppositional defiant disorder
- Learning disability
- Bipolar disorder
These disorders also have similar symptoms like ADHD.
- Studies reveal that many adults do not show any kind of hyperactivity or impulsivity they just have anxious and depressed personalities. In some cases, they show remarkable performance in their work and daily life and some simply struggle whole life to get success.
- There are numerous adults reported indulged in drug abuse, drinking, extramarital affairs and are highly hyperactive.
- This kind of patients goes undiagnosed they usually go for the treatment of depression or seek marital counseling.
Treatment Of ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder)
First and foremost thing in curing this disease is to get examine the patient thoroughly. This disease is curable if diagnose rightly. ADHD victim needs both kind of treatment Psychotherapy intervention along with medication. There are many convenient stimulants that help in reducing the disorder one should take by consulting a doctor. But for great attention span and focus psychotherapy is functional and shows significant results. Some patients need only psychotherapy and they cover their symptoms others need proper medicines too.
If treated properly ADHD patients can overcome their disease and can do wonders in their lives.