I recently optimized a blog post for The Content Factory that we published last November. It was driving little traffic and engagement, so I took a critical look at the content and what I could do to improve it. The changes I made boosted organic search traffic to the post 88% and time on page 113%. Meanwhile, the bounce rate dropped 12%, and the post grabbed 1-3 positions in the SERPs for valuable keywords for the first time.
To get those results, I added some UX features that help readers navigate the 5,000-word behemoth of a post without getting overwhelmed. This includes more subheadings to break up the content into digestible chunks, bullet points, tables, and more visuals. These optimizations not only made the content more valuable to the reader but also provided more opportunities to target keywords for SEO.
Contributors: Nat Hornyak from The Content Factory