Not everyone is blessed with a large greenhouse for their plants. This doesn’t have to stop your dream to create the perfect plant setups. Enter grow tents! These are temporary greenhouses for nurturing plants. Plant lovers all around the world have fallen in love with this concept, and it is effortless to find one. It might be tough to understand where to begin with plant care if you don’t know where to start. But you’ll notice all the amazing benefits of being a plant parent once you understand the basics of plant care and establish a routine.
A grow tent is an enclosed chamber with racks for placing many plants. It helps create a contained plant-friendly environment. You will want LED grow lights inside them. There are unique grow tents available even for those who have hydroponic setups.
Benefits of using a small grow tent for your plants
- Space constraint doesn’t have to stop you from creating plant setups. There are tiny grow tents with vertical racks. These take up very little floor space, and you can use them in any unused corner in the house.
- Setting up a grow tent and taking care of it is also quite simple. There is a small area, and therefore cleaning is an easy job.
- Most grow tents come in a portable design. The racks can be dismantled, and the canvas exteriors can be folded. These take up very little space for storage when not in use.
- This is a temporary arrangement. You do not have to worry about installing racks on the walls. They provide an easy solution for renters who love to grow plants indoor. The setup can be moved easily when you move to a new place.
- They provide an enclosed space. Therefore it is possible to protect indoor plants from pets. If you have plants with toxic foliage, then you can keep pets as well as kids away from reaching the plants using the grow tents.
- The area shrinks and the chamber is contained, and therefore maintaining the ambiance becomes easy. From lighting to temperature control, several tasks become much more manageable with these tents.
- One other significant benefit of using grow tents is the ease of preventing pest infestations. If you have had several indoor plants, you would understand the problem of fungus gnats in indoor plants. These are not just bad for the plants but also the ambiance of the house. So the tents can keep these problems at bay.
What should you look for when you choose a grow tent?
Given that there are plenty of options in grow tents, what are the features that you should look at while buying one for your house? Of course, the dimensions of the tent are a matter of personal choice and the space available. Here are the other features to consider-
- The spaciousness of the chamber determines the type of plants you can grow. If you have some tall plants, then you should focus on the height of the tent and the racks.
- Type of canvas used is the other aspect to look into. Most tents come with reflective inner surfaces to improve the efficiency of the lighting. The canvas should also be waterproof and durable on the whole.
- Additional storage pockets for tools would be an excellent feature to have.
- Ease of setting up and ease of cleaning also should be possible.
VIVOSUN Mylar Hydroponic Grow Tent is one of the most popular choices in indoor grow tents. There are plenty of size options to choose from. From a small one measuring 24″x24″x48″ to large 5ft tents, the possibilities are plenty. The heavy-duty frame offers a solid structure that holds your heavy pots in place. The observation window is a neat inclusion that allows you to peek into your plant setup without having to open the canvas each time. On the inside, there is a sturdy pocket for the tools. A grow tent like this one can make indoor gardening more practical and fun.