Golf has become the new pastime. People of all ages are playing it, from young to old. People go play golf with their co-workers or do it as a recreational activity. If you want to start playing too, there are a few things you will need. Here is a shortlist of equipment to get you started.
In order to play the part, you have to look the part. Don’t be mistaken for a newbie based solely on your outfit. Here is what you should look for in golf vests for men:
- Material – you may be playing golf early in the morning when there is a cold chill, or even in the fall. Find a material that is appropriate for the climate that you will be playing in.
- Comfort – golf requires precision in your movements. Make sure to wear clothes that allow you to move while still being comfortable.
- Breathability – people can work up a sweat from playing golf, especially if it’s warm outside. Make sure you have clothes that allow your body to breathe.
- Storage – Not all golf vests for men boast good storage pockets. Assess your needs and decide what you will be carrying with you when you play golf and see how many pockets you need.
A big part of the skills for golf is getting into the right position. In order to do that, you need to wear the right footwear to get good traction for your stance. They help you stabilize your position when twisting. Here is what you need to look for in golf shoes:
- Spiked or spikeless – both help golfers keep their stance even while they swing a club. Choose the type of shoe you want based on comfort. If you get shoes with spikes though, know that sometimes the spikes wear out, but they can be replaced.
- Waterproof or water-resistant – if you live in a wet area or enjoy playing golf in the morning when there is still dew on the ground, you should get waterproof shoes. If you live in a dry area, you can opt for shoes that are water-resistant.
Equipment for the golf course
It’s a good idea to buy a beginner’s set. A beginner doesn’t yet have a need for complicated equipment and it’s best to start with the basics. Here is the basic equipment you will need:
- Clubs – different types of clubs are used for different situations. The most essential beginner’s clubs are the hybrid, the 7 iron, a pitching wedge, and a putter.
- Golf balls – beginners should use a two-piece ball. These balls are great for beginners because they have a longer range and are much more durable than the three-piece balls which professionals use.
- A golf bag – buy a padded one that will be comfortable to lug around. If you have an uncomfortable bag, you will be very tired by the time that you reach the last hole.
With the right equipment, golf can be a very enjoyable activity even for a newbie. While there are a lot of rules to learn, they can be simplified with the right golf partner or teacher. All that there’s left to do is to find a local golf course and get started.
Rachael is working with Deepak Shukla and a content writer at Pearl Lemon who has written on a diversity of topics, from colored diamonds to SEO software. In her spare time, she enjoys singing, sketching, cooking, and video games.