Men have to play a lot of roles in today’s society. We need to be strong yet sensitive enough for a relationship. We need to be providers but also help with any issues that may arise in the home. We need to perform at work but aren’t expected to have any anxieties. In short, many things could be affecting your sex life as a male. In today’s article, we will be talking about:
- The benefits of healthy sex life
- Why a healthy sex life is important for your overall health
- 10 things that could be affecting your sex life as a man
- Supplements that may be able to help
Why Is A Healthy Sex Life Important?
Maintaining a healthy sex life isn’t just about feeling good when the time comes. Research has shown that normal sexual activity affects the brain and body in many ways. One of the most profound benefits of a healthy sex life is stress management. In an age where stress is at an all-time high, sex is more important because sexual congress releases endorphins into our brains that help manage stress, elevate mood, and even help us sleep better.
When you aren’t having quality sex regularly, it can affect your life adversely in many ways. A lack of sex can cause a rift between you and your partner. And if you aren’t sleeping well, this can affect your performance at work and make you more irritable. Poor sex or a lack thereof can be a more serious problem for men. Low libido could mean low testosterone in men, which can be the genesis of other, more serious problems.
10 Things That Can Hurt Your Sex Life
- Lack of Exercise – A lack of exercise could mean that your testosterone levels are low because testosterone is produced and released in response to muscle contractions. Doctors would normally recommend exercise, like weight training, to boost testosterone production and increase sex drive and quality of sex.
- Multiple Sclerosis – MS is a disease of the nerves that usually affects the nerve that runs up and down the spine. People diagnosed with MS typically report lowered sexual desire due to self-esteem issues and a fear that their bodies will not respond to sexual stimuli.
- Anxiety – Anxiety is one of the leading causes of premature ejaculation, erectile dysfunction, and low libido in men. And the worst news is that anxiety can come from anywhere; your job, your family, and even your relationship.
- Alcohol – Alcohol is a depressant, which can easily kill your mood for sexual activity. When you engage in binge drinking, you may find that you have trouble achieving or maintaining an erection. According to studies, millions of American men struggle with alcohol addiction. It’s very important to seek help to get proper treatment.
- Poor Diet – Your body needs certain nutrients to function in various ways – sexual functions are no different. A diet rich in fruits and vegetables can help provide the nutrients your body needs for peak sexual performance. Foods high in capsaicin, like chilis and peppers, can help improve blood circulation. Onions and garlic can also help promote blood flow to the extremities. If you are not getting enough meat and fish in your diet, you should try to emphasize those foods as well. Top rated male enhancements may help you get the nutrients you need without having to eat various foods.
- Quit Smoking – There have been studies that link smoking to decreased sex drive and even erectile dysfunction. If you are a heavy smoker, you should try to quit or at least cut-down.
- Hormone Issues – Low testosterone in men can account for many different issues. It can cause low libido, poor sexual performance, low energy, and even stress. Hormone imbalances, or simply low testosterone as a result of aging, can seriously hamper your sexual desire and sexual functions.
- Sun Exposure – Sunlight inhibits melatonin. Melatonin is a hormone that is produced in response to dark conditions. That’s why it promotes sleep. But it can also inhibit sexual urges. Sometimes, better sex life is just a matter of getting more sun.
- Chronic Masturbation – Frequent masturbation can not only inhibit your desire to have actual intercourse but can also give you unrealistic ideas and expectations of real sex, which can lead to unsatisfying sex life.
- High Cholesterol – If you struggle to achieve or maintain an erection, the problem may be due to high cholesterol. Heart problems and erectile dysfunction are usually connected. Blood circulation may be affected by issues of the heart and blockages in the walls of the blood vessels. This results in insufficient blood flow to the penis, leading to erectile dysfunction.
What You Can Do to Combat These Problems
It’s a long list of things that can affect your sex life as a man, we know. But the upside is that there are several things you can do to counteract these problems aside from the tips we shared on the list. One of these things includes the top rated male enhancements.
Quality supplements can do many things, including increasing blood circulation, helping you properly manage stress, increasing sexual drive, providing your body with the nutrients it needs for sexual activity, increasing testosterone production, and more. Read an Savage Grow Plus review and you will see what we mean.
But you have to use discretion when choosing a supplement because many are simply fillers or scams altogether. That’s why reading reviews can help. Reading a Savage Grow Plus review will let you know if it can solve your particular issue.
Sexual problems come in many forms so it’s important to be aware of how your body and mind feel. And remember to talk to your doctor and your partner about any issues you may have. Communication can be the most effective method for combating sexual problems.