Imagine you prepare a lovely picnic, drive out to your favorite spot with your favorite people, only to find out that your cooler has broken down and your ice-cream dessert is now nothing more than a puddle that’s made itself at home. Annoying isn’t it? That’s the sort of thing we aim to stop, here at Fupping, and after it happened to me last fall, I vowed to wage war on the world of portable coolers.
I’ve looked in countless shop windows, read tens of camping magazines and visited hundreds of cooler-based websites over the past few months, in the run-up to summer break, yet one thing I noticed is that none of the reviews or recommendations actually go in-depth and give a proper verdict as to what is, truly, the best cooler on the market.
#1 – Knox 48 Quart Electric Cooler
When it comes to making high-quality appliances, Knox knows what they are doing. With a range of products on the market, ranging from ice makers to coffee machines, it is evident that they have learnt a lot over their many years of trading.
When you take a look at the blue-and-white cooler by Knox it is crystal clear why so many people have recommended it to me in the past. I mean, it really is good. The case comes with a pair of low-profile yet effective wheels on the underside, which makes transporting heavier loads a dream, as well as a locking handle that ensures your precious cargo will never fall out unexpectedly.
As well as cooling your food to forty degrees (Fahrenheit) the box also has the capability to warm its contents to 130 degrees, which is perfect for moving around objects that need to be kept warm, like meat. We found the temperature control to be surprisingly fast acting and incredibly accurate during our testing, and we found ourselves relying on the temperature regulation controls an awful lot!
- The dual-function Heater/ Cooler box allows you to control the temperature between 40 and 130 Fahrenheit, which is perfect for transporting temperature-sensitive items, like ice-cream for example.
- It comes with a pair of very strong carry handles, as well as a locking top and a pair of wheels that help to transport the contents while keeping it secure. This makes it one of the best coolers with wheels on the market to-date.
- Measuring 22” x 15” x 15” this is certainly one of the bigger coolers on the market. Purchasing this cooler will ensure that you never run out of space again and that all of your food can be kept in ideal conditions.
Overall we feel that the Knox 48 Cooler is most definitely the best cooler on the market, and we are pleased to share it with you. If you would like to read some of the sterling reviews then you can do so here, however, we know that, if you want a high-quality cooler, you will love it!
#2 – RTIC Cooler
Unlike Knox, RTIC doesn’t have many appliance-type products currently for sale on the market, however, they have been around in the outdoor sector for a while now and, it’s safe to say, their cooler is ideal for outdoor sports like fishing and hunting!
The brown/ beige exterior of the box makes it ideal for hunting and the outdoors, as it blends in really well with the bushland and long grass. Because it is meant to be used in denser grassland it doesn’t come with any wheels which may be a potential problem if you are carrying really heavy game, however, for most things the heavy-duty handles work fine and the ergonomic design helps to take some of the stress off your hands.
The cooler box is good at, well, cooling and the manufacturer claims that it can keep ice solid for up to ten days, which is staggering when you think about it. This efficiency is aided by the strong locking mechanism and heavy-duty shell that it is made off, which helps to keep the cold air in and the warm air out.
- Keeps ice solid for a staggering ten days, which is more than anything else we have seen on the market. This is made possible by the thick, tough exterior as well as the rubber latches that help to keep the contents in and the warm air out.
- The brown shell makes this an ideal fishing/ outdoors cooler, however, this, unfortunately, means losing the wheels.
If you are more of an outdoorsy person then the RTIC cooler is certainly for you, however, it’s not exactly ideal for family picnics. The lack of wheels makes this impractical for families, but ideal for being used in thick woodland.
#3 – Driftsun Arctik Series 40 Quart Ice Chest
Driftsun is a small-ish manufacturer of outdoor games and picnic equipment, which is why they are the ideal manufactures of an ice box. With a love for the outdoors world and a vetted-interest in bringing families together for fun and games, they certainly know what they are doing.
In case the previous cooler by RTIC was a little too “rugged” for your liking, you should seriously consider picking up a brand new Driftsun ice box. It comes with military-grade nylon carry-handles and a solid, white exterior that helps to reflect the warm air away from the box and the cold air back in.
- The thermoplastic shell is one of the most durable out there, meaning your cooler should never break down! It features military-grade parts, two inches of insulation, rubber clamps, and seals, as well as a clever locking mechanism that helps to keep your food cool for days on end.
As one of the top-rated coolers available to consumers, it should come as no surprise that this will keep your food cold for a long, long time. The durability and strength makes it ideal for a range of uses like beach outings, family picnics, fishing, or even as a replacement fridge in case yours breaks down. Whatever you will be using it for, we know you’ll love it.