- Reading before class to be prepared, taking notes during class, and re-reading notes as soon as possible after that class to start retaining and understanding the information. At that point, a student would have come across the same information 3 times!
- Break studying up into sessions before testing. Don’t try to cram all at once, and especially not just the night before.
- Study while in the tutoring center so if you hit a hard question or don’t understand something you can raise your hand and talk to someone immediately. The tutoring center is not just for those who are behind, but it is for those who want to stay ahead!
- Use games such as Jeopardy and Kahoot! to make studying fun in a group!
- After studying, make sure you take advantage of your professor’s FREE office hours to ask specific questions about your reading or assignments. Sometimes the professors have multiple unique ways of breaking down new information.
Contributor: Mona Dixon from monadixon.com