One of my favorite ways to boost confidence is a daily practice of some form of self-improvement. This has most commonly been exercise for me.
Daily exercise improves mood, sleep, and self-esteem. I also believe that training the mind with mindful meditation might be even more important. Meditation allows for not getting caught up in negative and self-critical thinking.
Here is a list of what I believe is important for becoming your best most confident self:
- Mindful meditation to decrease self-critical thinking
- Practice cognitive behavioral therapy techniques to counteract dysfunctional negative thoughts
- Seek out things that cause fear and attempt to overcome them. For example: strike up a friendly conversation with a stranger
- Increase the number of daily interactions with people.
- Spend time with friends and family
- Finally, spend time trying to find your purpose. As psychologist and concentration camp survivor Viktor Frankl said “those who have a “why” to live can bear almost any how.
Contributor: Dr. Michael Mulick | Twitter