It only works if done correctly. With the rise in popularity of any link building strategy, comes the rise in abuse of the strategy. There are so many sites popping up that are built purely to attract link builders and sell them guest posts opportunities.
When deciding on a site to guest post on, you need to do proper due diligence and answer these questions:
- Is the website site topic relevant?
- Where does the site traffic come from? A high percentage of direct traffic is a red flag!
- Which countries does the traffic come from?
- What is the website history?
- Which sites are linking to it?
- Is every post a guest post or do they publish their own content as well?
- Is your target audience likely to visit the guest post website?
Answer these questions and you’ll be well on the way to evaluating a guest post opportunity.
Finally, don’t just go by metrics such as DA. This can be manipulated and is a lazy way to evaluate a guest post opp.
Contributor: Nick Arthur from nickadigital.co.uk